Monday 29 July 2013

It Was A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I had a bad day. Yep. Life Coaches have those too. It was a no good, terrible, horrible, very bad day. (Do you remember that book from your childhood???)  So many things were going wrong that I can't even recall exactly what happened first. Coffee was split in the car. I was late to an appointment. I couldn't find the specialty decor shop I was looking for. The emails that "needed attention" flooded my in box. A 1-800 number kept calling my cell phone (that really urks me). The list goes on. By the end of the day there was a part of a burnt dinner in the trash can, paint on the kitchen floor, a band aid on my left hand and two bruises on my legs. I was obviously so disconnected from my Self. I was rushing to get things done. My focus was not on anything but the list of things that I had to do. WOW. By the end of the day I was exhausted.



As always, as I brush my teeth and go through the rest of my end of day bookend routine, I review parts of my day and look for the things for which I am grateful to have had show up in my day. Usually I have no trouble making a long list of awesome. But today I was so exhausted and seemed to be struggling to find examples of awesome in my day. In fact, after a few minutes, I had to laugh. 

My day had been so hectic. Right from the moment I woke up. I hadn't had a day like that in a long time. Why now??? Why today??? What had I done wrong???  

I hadn't done anything wrong. I hadn't done anything at all actually. Nothing that would center or ground my energy. Nothing that set my personal cruise control to where I like it to be. I hadn't taken a moment to catch my mojo mid stream and switch it up. I had not gone inside myself and connected to that part of me that flows the days events in an easy breezey way.  What I HAD done were things that don't serve me. I had complained and gotten caught up in the outside world.  I had indulged myself in lower level emotions and let them grow. I had focused on the troubles and the annoyances of the day. 

Ah-ha! I am thankful for my whole messed up, crazy, no good, terrible, horrible, very bad day. I had skipped my morning bookend routine. The one where I set myself up to be able to flow with whatever the outside world should bring to me this day.  I had rushed. I had missed. I had skipped. I had thought that I was "good enough" to keep going and not bother. Just this once. Turns out, the power in my routines is real. And if I had ever questioned what I have found to work for me.... The Universe just back that up too. I was just shown, all day long, how LOA is real and working in both directions. It will bring you more of whatever you are thinking about and it can do it immediately.  Hence my day. 

I am back on track now. I woke this morning and remembered yesterday. I let that moment be brief. Yesterday is history and it need not hold any power over the bright and shinny new of today. My morning routine was not skipped today. I have taken those precious and important steps to setting myself up to be successful in my day. And I am already feeling so much better than I felt at any moment yesterday.  I got the message and I am focused both inwardly and forward. 

Ever had "one of those days"???  Are you able to catch your mojo mid stream and switch it up??? How do you do that??? What tools are working for you and do you always remember to use them???  I would love to hear your story. I invite you to share, inspire another and allow yourself to be inspired by the stories of others.  Use the comment section below or join the conversation over on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment