Tuesday 11 February 2014

For Ultimate Bliss Seekers, Some Rules Just Have To Be Broken

Feeling good is perhaps the very best thing in the whole wide world.  Feeling good is my ultimate big picture goal for my life.  In a broad and general sense, the idea of feeling good guides me in my life sort of like a compass would help me find my geographical way, always pointing me in a direction I ultimately want to go. As I am moving through my days and making decisions, left or right, yes or no, stay or go, I can (though I don’t always, I admit to not being perfect about following even my own brilliant advice) check in with myself and ask me “Hey, is this going to feel good now or at least move me towards feeling good later??”  Sometimes, just simply checking in with my own self that way, leads to me to a quick answer and can alleviate some decision making stress. 

Before anyone jumps to any conclusive ideas that I believe that life should feel good always, and always be in pursuit of what feels good let me clarify that - YES actually I do believe that. But I also understand that that is not always the way the cookie crumbles.  Sometimes we get what we don’t necessarily want. Sometimes we get the ever so helpful, but not always easy to embrace, contrasty stuff. And sometimes it’s hard to be grateful for that stuff while it’s happening. (I get that part too.) I am certainly not above feeling crappy about things. But let’s for a moment consider that contrasty stuff to be important stepping stones leading me towards that ultimate big picture goal.  There – just got a little less intense feeling didn’t it??

Follow Your Bliss – No Matter What! (Unless it’s going to harm you or someone else)


The key to a good feeling life is being real with yourself. And Rules, as defined by someone else and measured on someone else's scale, don't always compliment your being completely unique and 100% individual. The key to a really good feeling life is to like who you are and what you are thinking about.  Ultimately, it's all up to you. Only you know what really makes you feel great

I believe that it is good to speak more of what you DO want than of what you don’t want, and that gossip and grudges don’t really serve anyone well. But sometimes gossip, grudges and the stuff you don't want are what is on your mind and what is in your heart. And if that is the case, it does you no good to beat yourself up over it because the Rules to a Happy Life say that those thoughts are going to bring you nothing but trouble.  Some rules are indeed made to be broken. After all, we all know that what we resist persists so there is no use in being aware of your contrasty stuff and running from it (it can keep a steady pace right along side of you)




Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to be your real you and to feel good. If that means reading a gossipy tabloid or sharing a sad feeling status on your Facebook page then by all means. Don’t exhaust yourself trying to edit your life so that you might appear in any way that isn’t real. Talk about what is going on for you right now. Be yourself. Embrace the gorgeous person that you are. Be OK with not being perfect. Know that even the most enlightened gurus have bad days and feel crappy sometimes. That’s one of the things that makes us all human.  No matter what you’re feeling, painting on a bright yellow happy face to disguise the sad stuff that’s really there, isn’t what actually changes anything for real.




Notice that nowhere did I say go ahead and whine and complain a lot. No – putting focused energy on your unwanted stuff isn’t solving anything either. It’s a delicate balancing act of acknowledgement & acceptance and then expanding, growing and moving on towards what you really want. Skipping over the steps in the middle isn’t going to get you there any faster, if at all.

So as you read all the wonderful and inspiring images shared on Facebook, Pinterest or Google+ (check out my pages, I share a lot of what I think are really good ones) if they speak to you then listen. And if they don't, file them under "things to revisit later when I am feeling open to it" and be OK with where you are in this moment. It's as good a place as any to be for now. There are no rules. You can always decide to be somewhere different later, and as soon as you are ready you can begin moving there. 




Your turn to share. I know I am opening the door to some possibly colourful comments by asking but here I go anyway......Where has your bliss seeking self been lead?? What rules have you broken in the name of feeling good now?? Where have you found pleasure or made yourself feel better where you really weren’t supposed to?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment